Monday, May 7, 2012

Product and Artist Manager post


In this weeks blog post I’m going to be talking about how artist and product management goes into play within my industry, which involves a lot of extreme sport cinematography and editing. When talking about my separate edits I like to look at them as individual products therefore everything I learn in this months class I will be able to use towards my career. The top of the line professional athletes receive large amounts of money and other products through their agreements with their sponsors. The riders are followed by the media, just like celebrities and other actors are in Hollywood. With that in mind the main talents in my videos can be looked at as artist. Understanding how to evaluate the artist helped me to accurately look for things in talent. The talents image is also a huge part in my industry, since the riders with the better image are more followed, therefore valued different. Industry contacts are key in my industry, without a previously built relationship with the possible future companies I could never even pitch my ideas to the right people at the right company. Knowing what kind of contracts they might be having with their companies I will be able to pitch my future projects more successfully. Without the major companies supporting the media and all other aspects of the industry, progression would not have been close to as high as it has been. Naturally just like any other business this one also has it`s advantages and disadvantages. An advantage might be an artist acting on behalf of his or herself but at the end of the day it is really up to the actual talent to decide how they act. Whether what we’re talking about is a new negotiation or just being professional. Disadvantages are to the talent when partners end up ending the previous partnership.   

No comments:

Post a Comment